Upcoming Releases:

Resident Evil (October 2nd)
Dishonored (October 11th )
Doom 3: BFG Edition (October 18th)
Medal of Honor: Warfighter (October 23rd)
Assassin's Creed 3 (October 31st)
XCOM: Enemy Unknown (October)

Thursday 9 February 2012

Welcome, Stranger!

Welcome to the Retawes Cave, a compilation of Gaming, Anime/Manga, Film and Computing culture. I will provide all of Gaming/Manga/Anime/Film's latest news that I believe is important to my fellow gamers, manga-readers, etc. Let me clarrify though, that my all time favourite genre is RPG. As a child, I enjoyed having a PS1 playing the classics; Final Fantasy, Secret of Mana, Disgea, Chrono Cross, the list goes on......
However, If you don't adore these franchises unlike me, then that's alright. I still like strategy games, platformers, fighters, open-world and a good ol' shooter every now and then.
My blog will include 3 segments at first, "Retawes Review", "Youtube Junkie" and "Gamer's Rage".


Retawes Review is what it sounds. I review classic, previous games and recently (meaning past 3 months) titles including Final Fantasy 13-2, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning and Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City. Regarding the previous game reviews, I will be reviewing Dark Souls, L.A. Noire, Assasin's Creed: Revelations and Witcher 2 within a fortnight and overtime I will even review consoles/computer parts and manga/anime/film series.


Youtube Junkie is basically going to be a weekly-fortnightly post of the best youtube videos I have found in that upcoming timeframe. I will have four categories however not all will be shown per week. They are:

Gameplay, which consists of a "dissection" of the weekly trailers and walkthroughs that I found interesting or terrible or whatever.

Music/Film, self explanatory. The latest movie trailers, singles released and music videos such as, Gotye and the Avengers Movie trailer, which looks Awesome!

Funny Money, the most hilarious usually popular stories on youtube. These include, "Blueberries" and "Dramatic Chipmonk". Although I will not post any videos of Ray William Johnson, MyChonny or other big "Comedians" who use other people's jokes.
Meme Beam, A treasure chest of Memes. A meme is a phrase, concept or gaming/anime/movie related idea that has become popular due to the internet. Some examples are "Tunak Tunak Tun", "All Your Base Belong To Us" and "Don't Tase Me Bro!".  These will usually be new upcoming videos that I believe will or have become a meme.

See this guy, he hits heaps! Also, there's two of them!

Finally, we come to the Gamer's Rage which is a segment surrounding games that make me RAGE! FYI, I don't usually rage as much as my friends so most likely they will take over this segment but my first and utmost important of games to rage about, Dark Souls. My most feared and hated game yet, I love it every bit! I have played about 27 hours of it so far and have only damaged my window and broke my remote and controller.                                         


But that's not all folks! I'll be posting articles based on "big" topics within our Gaming and Anime society. This may incorporate racism, sexism, game prices, Australia's rating system, most important concept to games, etc. For Anime, they'll be more opinionated topics for instance, "Why Time Skips are necessary" and "What Arcs should do to a series". Be sure to give me feedback on these reports, (good or bad!) and suggest other ideas. I will also be going to the Tokyo Game Show come September and the awful EB Games expo in Sydney.

Obey your Penguin master! Obey him!
                                           

Throughout my experience being your blogger in the next year, I hope that you stay and watch the show! Retawes Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment